We’re finally getting around to implementing some long-awaited updates to ParticipateDB.
Our main goals with this relaunch:
- lower the barrier for participation,
- improve search and reporting functionality, and
- prepare for partnerships with leading organizations in the public, private, and non-profit sector to help improve content quality and completeness.
Expect occasional downtimes over the coming weeks. Stay tuned for details!
Just a quick update:
ParticipateDB is now licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0).
This means that you are free to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and to remix (to adapt the work) under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
This was always the intention from the beginning, we just finally got around to updating the footer. Seriously, that’s all it took.
Hope this makes the site even more useful. Enjoy!